CREATION OF AWAS BANDHU
“Awas Bandhu” was created in 1997 as an apex institution under the Housing and Urban Planning Dept. to oversee the performance of housing sector and coordinate the activities of subordinate department/agencies viz. Town & Country Planning Deptt U.P., Development Authorities and U.P. Housing & Development Board. Awas Bandhu is a society registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 in order to perform as:
- An Organization, to Strengthen Private Sector Participation in Housing and Urban Planning Deptt. and Initiate Reforms in this sector.
- An Organisation, as a THINK TANK of Housing and Urban Planning Department,
- An Organisation, to Strengthen Development Authorities and Housing Board to perform their functions as Facilitators, Instead of developer,
- Development Authorities
- U.P. Housing & Development Board
- Town & Country Planning Deptt. U.P.
- Awas Sangh
- Housing Societies